Hiring a professional photographer
March 14, 2012 § Leave a comment
Hiring a photographer for your wedding is an investment.
We believe it’s a worthwhile one. It is one of the parts of your day that you get to take with you. Of course you keep your spouse, the ring, the memories, ooh and those gorgeous shoes!
We came upon this article in the Chicago Tribune today, and felt is summed up much of what a good photographer is for. Cleverly, the writer did this by writing “7 Photographers You Shouldn’t Hire for Your Wedding”. I wanted to take a spin on it and explain why Studio Starling is none of these 7 people.
1. Yes, our website is beautiful, but we think it’s because our photographs are. We, Lizz and Nicole, both have BA degrees in photography and have each been shooting professionally for over ten years.
2. It’s true, cameras do not make the photographer. We do, however, invest in current digital technology and high quality lenses, so that the images we make look their best.
3. We must admit, we’ve been asked by family members to be their photographer. Truth is, we’d rather come as guests! We recommend to let your family or friend photographers have a good time, hire a professional to do the work.
4. The relationship you have with us starts on the first meeting and goes until your album is delivered, and sometimes we even become your family photographer. Being professional is top priority with us.
5. On our site, in our albums and online, we have lots of work to show. Weddings, families, editorial and personal work. Seriously, we just can’t stop making pictures. We love what we do!
6. To any potential client we can supply a list of references.
7. Contracts outline our agreement and are signed when you book with us.